With the criteria of “clean baking” you can prepare cakes, cookies and other baked goods in a healthy, nutritious and tasty way. We will show you exactly how it works.
The term “clean baking” is derived from “clean eating”, which aims to dispense with industrially ultra-processed products, select healthy natural ingredients and avoid the formation of toxic compounds during the cooking process. Cooking and preparation.
Cakes, muffins or cookies do not seem to fit in the clean diet, as they are usually loaded with the worst fats, added sugars, refined flours and a good number of additives. However, clean baking methods show that there is another way to do things by replacing highly processed, low-nutrient foods with healthy alternatives. Consequently, clean baking teaches how to use:
- Whole wheat flour, oatmeal, or nut flour instead of white flour:
- Healthy first cold pressed vegetable oils, nut butters or avocado instead of refined or hydrogenated butter or vegetable oils.
- Fresh and dried fruits and honey instead of sugar.
- 100% pure cocoa powder, cocoa beans or dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate
CLEAN BAKING: HERE ARE THE BENEFITS
By making cakes and other baked goods according to clean baking principles, you will make healthier products. These have a number of health benefits over their conventional relatives:
- They contain less sugar. The average of the population consumes an excess of added sugars (all that are not part of the whole natural food) that promote metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance, overweight and obesity, diabetes, tooth decay and inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
- Also, white sugar does not contain micronutrients. By replacing it with fruits and nuts, good doses of vitamins, minerals and fiber are obtained, essential to enjoy a healthy intestinal micro biota.
- Clean baking cakes are made primarily from whole wheat flour or dried fruit. As a result, they have a significantly higher fiber content than regular baked goods. This means that with a small portion you will feel satisfied for longer.
- Cakes and pies often contain a lot of butter and cream and are therefore rich in saturated fatty acids. On the other hand, the reportorial of clean baking contributes unsaturated fatty acids beneficial for the health.
GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN AND SUSTAINABLE
Not all clean bake recipes are necessarily vegan or gluten free. For example, some contain whole wheat or spelled flour, which contain gluten. Eggs, fresh quark cheese, and other animal products like honey can be part of a clean bake. The selection of ingredients is what makes a clean baking recipe vegan or gluten-free. It can also adapt to intolerances, allergies and personal tastes.
You can also optimize many clean baking recipes by incorporating eco-friendly criteria. This means that locally certified organic production products can preferably be used. Products of distant origin, if possible, choose fair trade.
CLEAN BAKING CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 50 g oat flakes
- 80 g of dark chocolate
- 300 g of cooked red beans
- 1 tablespoon oat milk
- 15 g of pure cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g apple syrup, maple syrup, honey or rice syrup
- 40 g hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- Grind the oats in a food processor until you get a fine flour.
- Chop the chocolate and melt it in a double boiler.
- Rinse the beans well in a colander and transfer them to a bowl along with the goat milk. Puree them with the arm mixer until you get a creamy paste.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate while stirring. Keep stirring until the ingredients are combined. The best way to do this is to use a hand mixer.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, liquid sweetener of your choice, margarine and baking powder and stir the mixture until you get a homogeneous dough. If the dough is too thick you can add a little more oat milk.
- Grease an 8-inch diameter removable mold with a little margarine.
- Fill the mold with the batter and bake the cake at 175 degrees (top / bottom temperature) for 15-20 minutes. Then let it cool. This chocolate cake tastes best when you let it sit overnight after baking. When serving you can sprinkle it with a little cocoa powder and decorate it with red berries or cocoa nibs.