Steamed cauliflower is the healthiest way to consume it because it preserves all its nutrients, but do you want to innovate to make another tastier recipe?
Summer, fall, and winter are good times to eat cauliflower. Including it in the diet is a great idea, since its healthy properties are extensive:
- It is light. Due to its low content of carbohydrates and fats, it is a food with low energy content.
- It is rich in vitamin C. This vitamin helps to slow down cellular oxidation and also improves the absorption of iron. It is advisable not to overcook the cauliflower so that this vitamin is not lost.
- Provides folates. They are essential to keep the immune system in shape and with just one serving of this cruciferous you obtain 33% of the recommended daily intakes for the population.
- Provides potassium. This mineral helps to keep blood pressure under control.
If you don’t know how to integrate this healthy ingredient into your menus, we give you 3 delicious ideas.
3 ORIGINAL RECIPES WITH CAULIFLOWER:
Vegetables harvested in the fall are rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that boost your defenses against cold and flu viruses. If in summer you gave yourself more than one license and want to prepare for winter, autumn gives you a thousand and one ingredients to fill your salad with life.
Take advantage and add a lot of green to your menu. The chlorophyll promotes oxygenation of the blood, is purifying and comes with minerals and vitamins, such as vitamin precious C. All of these nutrients will make you feel good, will strengthen your immunity and at the same time make you shine your skin, nails and hair.
Among these vegetables that return in the fall are celery, chard, broccoli, artichoke, red cabbage, cauliflower, endive, spinach, fennel or turnip. Eat them raw to make the most of their properties.
- The fennel also low in calories, rich in fiber, vitamin C and potassium. It works as a hormonal regulator due to its estrogenic qualities. Relieves swelling and helps eliminate mucus.
- The baby spinach are an important source of vitamin C, folates, provitamin A, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, iron, calcium everything needed for antianémica diet and reparative tissue.
- The seeds of the pomegranate are covered with a juicy and crunchy pulp, very rich in antioxidant polyphenols. It has antiviral properties.
- The cabbage is rich in antioxidants anthocyanin’s (constituting the pigment which gives it its great aspect). It is richer in vitamin C than other cabbages and its bitter substances are digestive.
- The artichokes are rich in fiber that promote intestinal transit and feed the microbiota contribute to the natural purification of the liver and gallbladder. They control sugar levels, facilitate the digestion of fats and reduce the levels of bad LDL cholesterol.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 cauliflower of 1 kg
- 250 g baby spinach
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 4 artichokes
- 2 lemons, the juice
- ¼ red cabbage
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon of natural capers
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- about 20 mint leaves
- Slice the artichokes very thin with a mandolin and place them in a bowl with the lemon juice, massage them gently so that they impregnate well and let them marinate while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Chop (with a knife or in a processor) the cauliflower florets to the point of rice. Reserve them.
- Beat the oil with the garlic, turmeric and pepper until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add it to the cauliflower and stir well with the help of a wooden spoon. Let it marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredient.
Cauliflower salad with peanuts
An original, healthy and super nutritious salad with ingredients from home. Take note!
Ingredients for 2 people
- 300g cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 good bunch of lamb’s lettuce
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Half cup water
- Before you start, heat the oven to 200 ° C.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter with half a cup of water and the flax seeds until they form a sauce without large lumps.
- Put the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and mix well with the previous sauce.
- Put it in the oven at medium height, at 200 ° C and with heat up and down. The cauliflower will take about 18 minutes to be ready, but you can check it by looking for a golden brown.
- Then put a bowl or plate with the lamb’s lettuce and the cherry tomatoes cut into quarters. Tomatoes must be removed from the refrigerator a while before so that they have all their flavor.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then put it on the lamb’s lettuce and tomatoes and you can serve it.
Instead of peanut butter, you can also make the salad with other creams such as hummus (from chickpeas), babaganoush (from aubergines) or lentil puree.
Buckwheat with azukis and wok cauliflower
This recipe, in addition to being colorful, is very complete. It’s a delicious way to add cauliflower to your plate:
Ingredients for 4 people
- 300 g of buckwheat (buckwheat)
- 350 ml of water or broth
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- A few strands of saffron
- 200 g of azukis already cooked
- Sweet paprika
- 1 medium cauliflower
- Sea salt
- Virgin olive oil
- Put a saucepan on the fire with a splash of oil. When hot add the onion, cut into small cubes, and the peppers, cut into strips. Sauté these two vegetables for a few minutes.
- Add the buckwheat and stir. Then add the broth, the saffron threads, and add a little salt. Cover the saucepan.
- When it reaches a boil, lower the flame, letting it simmer until it has absorbed the broth. Then remove the casserole from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes without a lid.
- Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into florets and pass them through a wok with a little olive oil. When the cauliflower is cooked but still crispy on the inside, remove it from the heat.
- Assemble the dishes by placing a buckwheat base, two tablespoons of azukis and the cauliflower on top.
- Top the recipe by sprinkling a little sweet paprika on the plate.